From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Metzler
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 4:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.3 #AddonRelease

Hi Joseph,

I re installed nvda and did your suggestions about the add ons.  I still get version 8.

On 2019-11-28 10:23 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Joseph,

After I enter each line I get the error win version not defined.

I hope this helps.

Hi Joseph,

Hi Joseph,

On 2019-11-28 10:23 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Joseph,

[...]

Kevin Cussick

this is not typical for most users, so I think it may be some problem with your system. have 10 computers and I have no such problems.

On 28/11/2019 16:28, brian wrote:
    This is twice now that this has happend when windows app esentials became available it would not down load it said error. I have not had this problem with any other add ons they down loadjust fine.  In both cases the next day I was able to down load the update for windows 10 app esentials.  Is this going to happen every time that we have an update for windows 10 app esentials?
bBrian Sackrider

Hi Joseph,

Hi Joseph,

Hi Joseph,

On 2019-11-28 10:23 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Joseph,

[...]

I want to know what the exact error you get is – if it is download error, then you may wish to try downloading again. If it is related to unsupported Windows release, you need to make sure you’re using a supported Windows 10 release (Version 1809/build 17763 or later).

Cheers,

Joseph

I’m sorry to say I am getting the error not compatible with this version of windows.  I am using windows 10 1909 and the latest nvda.

I’m sorry to say I am getting the error not compatible with this version of windows.  I am using windows 10 1909 and the latest nvda.

In a few moments Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.3 will be made available. This release is a localization and documentation update.

A few important notes:

  • Windows 10 20H1 is now formally known as Version 2004. Although Windows 10 App Essentials does support Version 2004, formal support won’t begin until early next year.
  • A version scheduled for early next year will retire support for EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge from this add-on.

Cheers,

Joseph

Roger Stewart

I just got the latest Win 10 app Essentials add on and I'm using Win 10 1909 and NVDA 19.2.1 and I get no such message.
Roger

Hi Joseph,

On 2019-11-28 10:23 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Joseph,

[...]

Gary, the python console is also case sensitive, FWIW - winVersion is a single word, with a capital letter V?

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
On 2019-11-28 10:23 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi Joseph,

[...]

Hmmm, I can’t reproduce this on my system running 1909, NVDA 2019.2.1, and Add-on Updater latest stable release. Can you try the following for me:

  1. Uninstall Add-on Updater completely.
  2. Restart NVDA.
  3. Go to NVDA user configuration folder (search for “explore NVDA” from Start search box and the first result should be “Explore NVDA user configuration directory”.
  4. Delete a file named “nvda3208.pickle” (do not send it to Recycle Bin, press Shift=Delete to permanently remove it).
  5. Restart NVDA.
  6. Reinstall Add-on Updater stable version (19.11).
  7. Try updating Windows 10 App Essentials.

If this does not resolve the problem, chances are that it is something unique to your system, which may or may not get fixed in a future version of Add-on Updater.

Cheers,

Joseph