Topics

Windows 10 App Essentials 20.03.1 emergency hotfix #addonrelease

Hi all,

Windows 10 App Essentials 20.03.1 is now available. This quick fix release resolves a reported issue where NVDA will say “delete back word” when you press Control+Backspace when using recent Word 365 releases.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all,

As a follow-up: you’ll still hear “copy” and other editing functions. A general fix will be sent to NV Access for review in the next 24 hours or so (recovering from two days of speech tournaments).

Cheers,

Joseph

Windows 10 App Essentials 20.03.1 is now available. This quick fix release resolves a reported issue where NVDA will say “delete back word” when you press Control+Backspace when using recent Word 365 releases.

Cheers,

Joseph

enes sarıbaş

Hello Joseph,

As reported in the relevent Github issue, these notifications aren't just word deleted, but announce cut, copy, paste among others. Isn't it detremental to suppress them all? I don't think  all would be harmful, and some would be useful.

On 3/9/2020 12:28 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Windows 10 App Essentials 20.03.1 is now available. This quick fix release resolves a reported issue where NVDA will say “delete back word” when you press Control+Backspace when using recent Word 365 releases.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

That’s why the emergency hotfix for the add-on suppresses only a few editing function announcements, not all of them. Thankfully, a key flag for these announcements differ from one another, so it is a matter of locating things to suppress… unless I don’t feel well for a while (health is of utmost priority).