Topics

windows 10 skype 7 is inaccessible with nvda.

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

hi all.
i am trying to signin to skype on windows 10.
this is the new version of skype which we can get from windows store.
i can signin but when it asks select a profile picture or test audio and video.
nvda gets stuck on a text called skype cant be used for emergency.
i have the latest windows 10, latest nvda and latest addons.
what to do?

David Csercsics

Try the Skype desktop app? I don't know what the difference between that and the Windows store app is, but I have had joy with the desktop app.

Chris Mullins

Hi

I had the Skype desktop app installed but it has been replaced by something called “Meet Now”.  I checked online and it seems like MS have put this in place to make it easy for users to have online meetings during the pandemic.  You do not need a Skype a/c or sign up to anything to use it apparently but I need to find how it works before I can comment further.

Cheers

Chris

You need to use Skype V 8.66 which is the electron version at:

www.skype.com

On 11/20/2020 9:52 AM, Austin Pinto wrote:
hi all.
i am trying to signin to skype on windows 10.
this is the new version of skype which we can get from windows store.
i can signin but when it asks select a profile picture or test audio and video.
nvda gets stuck on a text called skype cant be used for emergency.
i have the latest windows 10, latest nvda and latest addons.
what to do?

I was able to hide this extra spam icon in system tray.