Topics

Windows 10, Version 2004 and NVDA seeming a bit sluggish

Dan Beaver

Edited

My system updated to Windows 10, Version 2004 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 10, Version 2004?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Sarah k Alawami

Nope. As fawr as I can tell, and I've ben using 2004 for about a week now, nvda actually works much much faster. Did you run the registration tool found in tools?

Take care

On 22 Jun 2020, at 7:45, Dan Beaver wrote:

My system updated to 2402 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 2402?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Dan Beaver

What does the registration tool do for me in this case?  I am ignorant.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 6/22/2020 11:30 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Nope. As fawr as I can tell, and I've ben using 2004 for about a week now, nvda actually works much much faster. Did you run the registration tool found in tools?

Take care

On 22 Jun 2020, at 7:45, Dan Beaver wrote:

My system updated to 2402 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 2402?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Sarah k Alawami

In a nutshell, it reregisters some dlls that might have some how become unregistered for lack of a better term. I would restart nvda, but I'm not sure if that really is necessary.

On 22 Jun 2020, at 8:32, Dan Beaver wrote:

[...]

Note:  Thread has been retitled, and original message edited, to reflect Windows 10, Version 2004, to avoid confusion.