Topics

Windows 10, Version 2004 and NVDA seeming a bit sluggish

Dan Beaver

Edited

My system updated to Windows 10, Version 2004 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 10, Version 2004?

Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Sarah k Alawami

Nope. As fawr as I can tell, and I've ben using 2004 for about a week now, nvda actually works much much faster. Did you run the registration tool found in tools?

Take care

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 22 Jun 2020, at 7:45, Dan Beaver wrote:

My system updated to 2402 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 2402?

Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Dan Beaver

What does the registration tool do for me in this case?  I am ignorant.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 6/22/2020 11:30 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Nope. As fawr as I can tell, and I've ben using 2004 for about a week now, nvda actually works much much faster. Did you run the registration tool found in tools?

Take care

--

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

My system updated to 2402 yesterday.  since then NVDA seems a bit sluggish when moving from window to window and often when cursoring quickly through lists and the like.  Is anyone else having this symptom with the latest non-beta version of NVDA and Windows 2402?

Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Sarah k Alawami

In a nutshell, it reregisters some dlls that might have some how become unregistered for lack of a better term. I would restart nvda, but I'm not sure if that really is necessary.

--

On 22 Jun 2020, at 8:32, Dan Beaver wrote:

What does the registration tool do for me in this case?  I am ignorant.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 6/22/2020 11:30 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Take care

--

Thanks.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)
-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Note:  Thread has been retitled, and original message edited, to reflect Windows 10, Version 2004, to avoid confusion.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019