Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22543

Chris Smart

I’m not running Windows 11 yet, but I noticed the latest Insider build includes new voices for Narrator. Will NVDA support these too?

More details at:

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/01/27/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22543/

Well it will be 1core so probably.

On 28/01/2022 4:59 pm, Chris Smart wrote:

I’m not running Windows 11 yet, but I noticed the latest Insider build includes new voices for Narrator. Will NVDA support these too?

More details at:

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/01/27/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22543/

Bobby <vinton.bobby@...>

can you tell me the names of these voices

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 12:04 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well it will be 1core so probably.
-
That is not made explicit.  In fact, this is the first time I think I've seen anything that discusses "inside Narrator" voice downloading.  In the past everything has generally used the Language Pane of Time & Language Settings to snag additional voices.

If you are correct, and I suspect you are, then if it's a OneCore voice it's just another OneCore voice that can be used by anything that can use those.  And NVDA can.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

anuj sharma

i used win 11 22543 and install the voices
right now they are only available for narrator
they are not working with nvda
even that installation process is different
you have to launch narrator setting with control plus windows plus n
than you can install and use these voice
voices quality are good
so i hope we will see with nvda

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 12:04 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Well it will be 1core so probably.
-
That is not made explicit.  In fact, this is the first time I think I've
seen anything that discusses "inside Narrator" voice downloading.  In the
past everything has generally used the Language Pane of Time & Language
Settings to snag additional voices.

If you are correct, and I suspect you are, then if it's a OneCore voice it's
just another OneCore voice that can be used by anything that can use those.
And NVDA can.

*The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for
common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these
ideals are.*

*~* Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Sarah k Alawami

Here is a demo of the voices. Only two of them and they are quite understandable at 20, still too slow for my taste though

Retweeting Tomi (tomi91): I created a demo of the new voices included in the insider 22543 build as it sounds when used in Narrator, if people are curious! Not sure why I wrote 20543 in the description, but it's 22543. Hopefully these make it to JAWS and #NVDASR soon. http://www.sndup.net/mqf4

[...]

thank you for the demo of the voices.  I love the voices now my question is will they make it to nvda?  Please let us know.

On 1/28/2022 9:08 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
[...]

We don't know as already stated.

Take care.

[...]

Steve Nutt

How can you say it's too slow, when he speeds it up. And not even to 100 percent?

They are quite fast enough. It's a shame there is only US voices as this stage, but they sound quite good.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk
[...]

He does speed it up but for me it's still way too slow. I listen extremely fast. Most blind people say my stuff sounds like marbles in one's mouth. Lol! That should be like 80 percent, not 100 to me. I even have the narrator in windows 10 speed up all the way so that I can't remember who the default voice is sound like he cuts off words a bit.

[...]

Just to give an example, in Jaws with Eloquence, I typically listen at 70%.
In NVDA with eSpeak, I have rate at 25% with the Rate Boost engaged, because 100% without the boost is not fast enough.

[...]

Nice, yeah with boost on when I used to use I think it was 1core, I had it on with rate boost then at like 40 or so in regard to the slider. That was then fast enough for me. Wish I read braille as fast as my speech, but that's on me.