windows 11 installation

betina vega

Hello:

Is the windows 11 installation compatible with NVDA 2021?

From Joseph Lee, on Windows Access for Screen Reader Users Group message #54796:

NVDA 2021.2 is required when using Windows 11 (older releases will work but support isn’t really guaranteed). I would say that it would be best to think about Windows 11 upgrades after NVDA 2021.3 comes out.

I would presume that 2021.2 would be just fine.  But I'll add to what Joseph said by saying that I wouldn't be in any rush to upgrade to Windows 11 until at least 4 to six months have passed since its introduction (which is effectively now).  So, I'd not be doing a Windows 11 upgrade until February, at earliest, and would probably wait until early May 2022.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

betina vega

Hi, Brian:

Thank you for your response.
I will consider this, and probably wait.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

From Joseph Lee, on Windows Access for Screen Reader Users Group message #
54796 ( https://winaccess.groups.io/g/winaccess/message/54796 ) :

*NVDA 2021.2 is required when using Windows 11 (older releases will work but
support isn’t really guaranteed). I would say that it would be best to think
about Windows 11 upgrades after NVDA 2021.3 comes out.*

I would presume that 2021.2 would be just fine.  But I'll add to what Joseph
said by saying that I wouldn't be in any rush to upgrade to Windows 11 until
at least 4 to six months have passed since its introduction (which is
effectively now).  So, I'd not be doing a Windows 11 upgrade until February,
at earliest, and would probably wait until early May 2022.

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

~ John F. Kennedy