Topics

Word 2013 ribbon and NVDA 2020.3

bering.p

Hi,
I am with NVDA 2020.3, windows 10 2004, french Word 2013 and I have a problem with the ribbon.
NVDA speaks only "pane" when I select a tab of the ribbon (by space key) to expand lower ribbon.
I can no browse the lower ribbon with "Tab".
I have this problem also with NVDA 2020.2 but not with NVDA 2020.1 or 2019.3.
Tests done with copy of NVDA and add-ons disabled.
I would like to know if you also have this problem or if it is a problem with my configuration.
Thanksfor your help.
Best regards.
Paul.

Lukasz Golonka

Hello Paul,

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 17:27:52 +0100
"bering.p" <bering.p@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Hi,
I am with NVDA 2020.3, windows 10 2004, french Word 2013 and I have a problem with the ribbon.
NVDA speaks only "pane" when I select a tab of the ribbon (by space key) to expand lower ribbon.
I can no browse the lower ribbon with "Tab".
I have this problem also with NVDA 2020.2 but not with NVDA 2020.1 or 2019.3.
Tests done with copy of NVDA and add-ons disabled.
It is possible I am the one responsible for this regression as I've
introduced some changes to the way in which ribbons are accessed in
older versions of Office during NVDA 2020.2 development cycle. Is this
happening for you only when ribbon is collapsed?

--
Regards
Lukasz

bering.p

Hi Lucas.
Effectively, the operation I have described is when the ribbon is reduced.
I can access to the lower ribbon when ribbon is not reduced.
I hadn't paid attention to this.
However, this is not a problem for NVDA 2020.1 and 2019.3.
Best regards.
Paul.

"bering.p" <bering.p@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am with NVDA 2020.3, windows 10 2004, french Word 2013 and I have a problem with the ribbon.
NVDA speaks only "pane" when I select a tab of the ribbon (by space key) to expand lower ribbon.
I can no browse the lower ribbon with "Tab".
I have this problem also with NVDA 2020.2 but not with NVDA 2020.1 or 2019.3.
Tests done with copy of NVDA and add-ons disabled.
It is possible I am the one responsible for this regression as I've
introduced some changes to the way in which ribbons are accessed in
older versions of Office during NVDA 2020.2 development cycle. Is this
happening for you only when ribbon is collapsed?

Lukasz Golonka

I might be able to fix this but I don't have access to any Office 2013
machine. Would you be able to provide me a log as follows:

Restart with add-ons disabled.
Set log level to debug
In NVDA's advanced settings in the debug logging group enable MSAA
logging category - ensure that all other categories are disabled to
declutter the log.
- Try tabbing through the ribbon when it is collapsed.

Please send content of the log viewer privately to me.

--
Regards
Lukasz

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 20:02:27 +0100

Hello Paul, On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 17:27:52 +0100 "bering.p" <mailto:bering.p@wanadoo.fr><bering.p@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi, I am with NVDA 2020.3, windows 10 2004, french Word 2013 and I have a problem with the ribbon. NVDA speaks only "pane" when I select a tab of the ribbon (by space key) to expand lower ribbon. I can no browse the lower ribbon with "Tab". I have this problem also with NVDA 2020.2 but not with NVDA 2020.1 or 2019.3. Tests done with copy of NVDA and add-ons disabled.
It is possible I am the one responsible for this regression as I've introduced some changes to the way in which ribbons are accessed in older versions of Office during NVDA 2020.2 development cycle. Is this happening for you only when ribbon is collapsed?

bering.p

Hi Lucas.
I cannot send you  the log with this e-mail address:
lukasz.golonka@...
So I try to send it on the list.
Attached is the log.
Best regards.

Paul.
Le 29/12/2020 21:29, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io a écrit :

I might be able to fix this but I don't have access to any Office 2013
machine. Would you be able to provide me a log as follows:

Restart with add-ons disabled.
Set log level to debug
In NVDA's advanced settings  in the debug logging group enable MSAA
logging category - ensure that all other categories are disabled to
declutter the log.
- Try tabbing through the ribbon when it is collapsed.

Please send content of the log viewer privately to me.

Lukasz Golonka

Unfortunately list does not allow attachments, so I haven't got your log.
Please activate the link that says ', Reply To Sender' at the bottom of
the message and attach it there.

--
Regards
Lukasz

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 07:39:37 +0100

lukasz.golonka=mailbox.org@groups.io
So I try to send it on the list.
Attached is the log.
Best regards.

Paul.
Le 29/12/2020 21:29, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io a écrit :

I might be able to fix this but I don't have access to any Office 2013 machine. Would you be able to provide me a log as follows: Restart with add-ons disabled. Set log level to debug In NVDA's advanced settings in the debug logging group enable MSAA logging category - ensure that all other categories are disabled to declutter the log. - Try tabbing through the ribbon when it is collapsed. Please send content of the log viewer privately to me.

bering.p

Hi.
I don'find t the link.
So this is the log:
nvda log
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 30/12/2020 11:13, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io a écrit :

Unfortunately list does not allow attachments, so I haven't got your log.
Please activate the link that says ', Reply To Sender' at the bottom of
the message and attach it there.

Lukasz Golonka

Thanks for your log. Could you please perform the same test one more
time for me but before tabbing through the ribbon open Python console
and execute:
import UIAHandler; UIAHandler.terminate()

and then send the log to me?

Thanks for your cooperation.

--
Regards
Lukasz

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 18:50:50 +0100

<https://fil.email/BWc5RJSK>nvda log
Best regards. Paul.
Le 30/12/2020 11:13, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io a écrit :

Unfortunately list does not allow attachments, so I haven't got your log. Please activate the link that says ', Reply To Sender' at the bottom of the message and attach it there.

bering.p

Hi Lucas.
By terminating UIAHandler, lower ribbon is now accessible, even being collapsed.
This is the log:.
nvda log 1
Paul.