Topics

Word 2016

farhan israk

How to change font and font size in Microsoft word 2016? I'm able to do it with jaws but not able to do with nvda. How to do with nvda? I'm using Windows 10, jaws 18 and latest nvda.

This has not changed in ages.   ALT+H takes you to the Home Ribbon.  Follow that immediately with FF and you're in the Font choices or by FS and you're in the font size for the chosen font.

These are Word commands, not specific to any screen reader.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

James AUSTIN

CTRL+ D will also take you to the font dialogue. Again this is a Word shortcut not a Screen Reader specific command.

All the best

James

On 10/02/2019 19:57, Brian Vogel wrote:
This has not changed in ages.   ALT+H takes you to the Home Ribbon.  Follow that immediately with FF and you're in the Font choices or by FS and you're in the font size for the chosen font.

--

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

Brad Snyder

Try using CTRL + D to open the MS Word font dialog.  Also unchanged since the first version of Word for windows.

HTH

- Brad -

On Feb 10, 2019, at 13:57, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

--

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 03:02 PM, James AUSTIN wrote:
CTRL+ D will also take you to the font dialogue.
I don't know why I constantly forget about this keyboard shortcut, but I do.  It's also far preferable, in my opinion, because it allows you to deal with virtually any formatting related to font, font size, and other effects all in one fell swoop.

--

Gene

Control d takes you to the font dialog as well.  I don't use Word so I don't know if you can do what you want there but that is a longstanding command.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Word 2016

--

James AUSTIN

Out of interest Jean what do you use?

On 10/02/2019 20:09, Gene wrote:
Control d takes you to the font dialog as well.  I don't use Word so I don't know if you can do what you want there but that is a longstanding command.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

--

Gene

I don't do any word processing to speak of.  If I did, I could use Word Starter, which is a limited version of Word by Microsoft, provided by my manufacturer on my Windows 7 machine.  I could use Jarte or Wordpad.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Out of interest Jean what do you use?

On 10/02/2019 20:09, Gene wrote:

Gene

--

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian VogelOne more option is to press the applications key and F for fonts.
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 03:02 PM, James AUSTIN wrote:

CTRL+ D will also take you to the font dialogue.

I don't know why I constantly forget about this keyboard shortcut, but I do.  It's also far preferable, in my opinion, because it allows you to deal with virtually any formatting related to font, font size, and other effects all in one fell swoop.

--

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I suspect he may be using the jaws menu emulator that makes Word look 'normal' in menus.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:57 PM

This has not changed in ages. ALT+H takes you to the Home Ribbon. Follow that immediately with FF and you're in the Font choices or by FS and you're in the font size for the chosen font.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back