Topics

Word Press

AKH AKH

Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X

I'm in the process of doing that. I use WordPress alone, no page builder, if that is what you mean. You can use the visual editor and the text editor fine.

On 8/13/2019 2:05 PM, AKH AKH wrote:
Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X

AKH AKH

Hi Governor staten

So great to find someone out there on the same journy.  I've been using the Page builder add on.  so, where do I find the visual editer, please.  When I edit a page, Page Builder is the default.  I guess I deactivate it, but then what?

Regards

Andrew

On 13/08/2019 18:06, Governor staten wrote:

I'm in the process of doing that. I use WordPress alone, no page builder, if that is what you mean. You can use the visual editor and the text editor fine.

On 8/13/2019 2:05 PM, AKH AKH wrote:
Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X

Well it depends what you are used to.

I find the gutenberg editor a complete mess and a waste of my time.

Its quite bulky even though its supposed to be more accessible now and had so many issues during testing it was held back.

For me classic editor works well enough but I am quite basic in my posts.

I have people some ofthem blind that think of the block approach similar to tetris and enjoy doodling with the advanced systems.

It depends how involved you want.

My blog has a 0spam plugin, a php checker, a healthchecker, a twitter api, and a couple other things as well as jet pack monitering.

However as I said, I have had the same simple setup for nearly 20 years now and I really can't see any reason to bother moving forward.

Its not like I am left in a hole, I mean the plugins update and the wordpress version so its not like I am disadvantaging myself in the least.

Its true you need to install the classical editor plugin but thats fine.

The only change I have made of late is implimenting ssl into the blog.

I mean it was implimented but not inforced and now it is.

Bar removing outdated and broken plugins and themes I havn't bothered with many differences for the last 20 years and have gradually built myself up to a level I want.

But then you can say the same thing with winamp.

Its crap and in the past and some stuff doesn't play nice with it and I know I should use fubar but I don't care to and I have all the plugins I need and if it becomes to crappy or winamp6 doesn't do what it does I can use wacup which I may just do anyway at some point.

On 14/08/2019 6:05 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X

the classic editor is built in, and the visual one is as well. Activate the classic editor. Everything should work fine from there.

On 8/13/2019 3:22 PM, AKH AKH wrote:

Hi Governor staten

So great to find someone out there on the same journy.  I've been using the Page builder add on.  so, where do I find the visual editer, please.  When I edit a page, Page Builder is the default.  I guess I deactivate it, but then what?

Regards

Andrew

On 13/08/2019 18:06, Governor staten wrote:

I'm in the process of doing that. I use WordPress alone, no page builder, if that is what you mean. You can use the visual editor and the text editor fine.

On 8/13/2019 2:05 PM, AKH AKH wrote:
Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X

Jackie

Andrew, I think I know our moderator, Brian V, pretty well by now. I
like him a lot, actually, but, if I'm at all correct, I think he will
very soon ask us to take this to the chat subgroup. I am not
subscribed there & don't intend to, so might I urge you to look at my
signature for a resource where this is definitively on topic instead.

I'm dealing w/a machine that's in imminent hard drive failure & that I
need to send to the manufacturer for warranty service as well as 2
sick kitty cats, + some projects for my clients, but I will do my best
to help, as will the other members of the list. You may also wish to
consult my site:
www.wp4newbs.com
for some WordPress tutorials, in the event they're of interest.

Looking forward to seeing you on list! & just a friendly hello to Brian V.

On 8/13/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
[...]

John J. Boyer

A better list to ask questions on Wordpress is the WordPress for newbies list, wp4nbs on freelists.org

John

--
https://twitter.com/yahad_easttn

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=oa-4885-a>

https://twitter.com/yahad_easttn

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

AKH AKH

Hi John and Jackie

Final word on the matter: I could not find the WP4nbs group on Free
Lists.  Do you have a link, please?

On 13/08/2019 21:07, John J. Boyer wrote:
[...]

Giles Turnbull

I was sighted in the early days of the internet (1990s) so websites I designed were hand-coded html and I still do that now in my blind Wordpress blog posts. I don't do anything more advanced than headings, bold and italics, occasional lists and images so I write my html in notepad, save it on my computer and open the draft in Firefox and then, if things are where they are supposed to be (i.e. I haven't missed a closing tag) I paste it into what is I think the classic editor and then post it.

I did pay a website designer to set my blog up so that it looked okay and the admin side was navigable. I've been using it since 2016 and post once per week ... last week's was my 141st blog post.

Giles

Jackie

Andrew, please check my signature. the list is called wp4newbs.
Looking forward to seeing you there!

On 8/14/19, AKH AKH <tvz@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jackie

I don't find a signature in your message?

Very strange

Andrew

On 8/14/19, AKH AKH <tvz@...> wrote:
[...]

I've subscribed, but didn't get a welcome confirmation?  How do I post?

Regards

Andrew