Topics

Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda possible or not?


Pavel Vlček
 

Hi all,

my name is Pavel I am from Czech Republic. I am owner of little recording studio for disabled people, including visually impaired etc. I also have a small group of members. We used Mac Os for 8 years, but the life of the computer ended. At this time, we don't have money to buy professional Mac, which will work with Logic Pro X and Komplete Kontrol etc. So at this time, we and especially I, because I am main sound master need to use my older HP Z-book 17,3 the first generation with Win 10 and Nvda. Software, which can I use is Soundforge, Goldwave and Audacity. So, can computer with Nvda and Win 10 be used for professional audio work or not?

Thanks,

Pavel


Jesse Farquharson
 

Hello,

You can indeed do professional audio work on a Windows 10 machine. However, I would recommend checking out Reaper.

Reaper is a multitrack editor which, while fairly advanced at times, should be able to get you going.

After downloading Reaper you will also need to download the extension that makes it accessible, OSARA. You should also grab the SWS/SSM extension, as that adds extra functionality.

Check out rwp@groups.io, as well. That's a mailing list for Reaper users who use a screenreader. They can help you get started.

Hope this helps.


Sarah k Alawami
 

I would suggest reaper. It is a very very grate DAW you can use for everything. I use it in my daily work, and voiceover work I do.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 1 Sep 2020, at 4:16, Pavel Vlček wrote:

Hi all,

my name is Pavel I am from Czech Republic. I am owner of little recording studio for disabled people, including visually impaired etc. I also have a small group of members. We used Mac Os for 8 years, but the life of the computer ended. At this time, we don't have money to buy professional Mac, which will work with Logic Pro X and Komplete Kontrol etc. So at this time, we and especially I, because I am main sound master need to use my older HP Z-book 17,3 the first generation with Win 10 and Nvda. Software, which can I use is Soundforge, Goldwave and Audacity. So, can computer with Nvda and Win 10 be used for professional audio work or not?

Thanks,

Pavel


Luke Davis
 

Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should be looking into is Reaper.

Luke


CARLOS-ESTEBAN
 

I am agree with the use of Reaper. If you install Osara, you can use this very Good program.

I am also use Audacity, and if you go to use Gold Wave, you can install the NVDA Add-on Gold Wave from Josef Lee.

A developer have an addon no official for Audacity (Audacity Access Enhancement’s).

Regards.

 

 

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

NVDA certified expert 2019

 

De: Luke Davis
Enviado: martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020 11:11
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda possible or not?

 

Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should be

looking into is Reaper.

 

Luke

 

 

 


Luke Robinett
 

100% agree with others. Reaper is amazing! With the above mentioned extensions it is highly accessible. Good luck.

On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:35 PM, CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...> wrote:



I am agree with the use of Reaper. If you install Osara, you can use this very Good program.

I am also use Audacity, and if you go to use Gold Wave, you can install the NVDA Add-on Gold Wave from Josef Lee.

A developer have an addon no official for Audacity (Audacity Access Enhancement’s).

Regards.

 

 

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

NVDA certified expert 2019

 

De: Luke Davis
Enviado: martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020 11:11
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda possible or not?

 

Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should be

looking into is Reaper.

 

Luke

 

 

 


soloman s
 

Could you please on any information on (Audacity Access Enhancement’s)
if it is available.
Hope to hearing from you.

On 9/6/20, Luke Robinett <lukeblindgroups@...> wrote:
100% agree with others. Reaper is amazing! With the above mentioned
extensions it is highly accessible. Good luck.

On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:35 PM, CARLOS-ESTEBAN
<carlosestebanpianista@...> wrote:


I am agree with the use of Reaper. If you install Osara, you can use this
very Good program.
I am also use Audacity, and if you go to use Gold Wave, you can install
the NVDA Add-on Gold Wave from Josef Lee.
A developer have an addon no official for Audacity (Audacity Access
Enhancement’s).
Regards.


Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10
NVDA certified expert 2019

De: Luke Davis
Enviado: martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020 11:11
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda
possible or not?

Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should
be
looking into is Reaper.

Luke





--
With warm regards
Solomon S
teachsolo@...


CARLOS-ESTEBAN
 

Hello.

The add-on is here:

Link of the file nvda-addon Audacity Access Enhancements

Regards.

 

 

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual, con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

 

Musicien (pianist) and also help to the blind people, with the use of screen readers and technology.

Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

NVDA certified expert2019

 

De: soloman s
Enviado: sábado, 5 de septiembre de 2020 19:27
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda possible or not?

 

Could you please on any information on (Audacity Access Enhancement’s)

if it is available.

Hope to hearing from you.

 

On 9/6/20, Luke Robinett <lukeblindgroups@...> wrote:

> 100% agree with others. Reaper is amazing! With the above mentioned

> extensions it is highly accessible. Good luck.

>> On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:35 PM, CARLOS-ESTEBAN

>> <carlosestebanpianista@...> wrote:

>> 

>> 

>> I am agree with the use of Reaper. If you install Osara, you can use this

>> very Good program.

>> I am also use Audacity, and if you go to use Gold Wave, you can install

>> the NVDA Add-on Gold Wave from Josef Lee.

>> A developer have an addon no official for Audacity (Audacity Access

>> Enhancement’s).

>> Regards.

>> 

>> 

>> Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

>> NVDA certified expert 2019

>> 

>> De: Luke Davis

>> Enviado: martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020 11:11

>> Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>> Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda

>> possible or not?

>> 

>> Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should

>> be

>> looking into is Reaper.

>> 

>> Luke

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

--

With warm regards

Solomon S

teachsolo@...

 

 

 


soloman s
 

Thank you very much for the link.

To the person in need of a thorough tutorial of the programme, it can
be found here:

http://www.talking-computers.org.uk/jimonaudacity.html

On 9/7/20, CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...> wrote:
Hello.

The add-on is here:

Link of the file nvda-addon Audacity Access Enhancements

Regards.





Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad
visual, con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.



Musicien (pianist) and also help to the blind people, with the use of screen
readers and technology.

Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

[image]NVDA certified expert2019



De: soloman s
Enviado: sábado, 5 de septiembre de 2020 19:27
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda
possible or not?



Could you please on any information on (Audacity Access Enhancement’s)

if it is available.

Hope to hearing from you.



On 9/6/20, Luke Robinett <lukeblindgroups@...> wrote:

100% agree with others. Reaper is amazing! With the above mentioned
extensions it is highly accessible. Good luck.
On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:35 PM, CARLOS-ESTEBAN
<carlosestebanpianista@...> wrote:

I am agree with the use of Reaper. If you install Osara, you can use this
very Good program.
I am also use Audacity, and if you go to use Gold Wave, you can install
the NVDA Add-on Gold Wave from Josef Lee.
A developer have an addon no official for Audacity (Audacity Access
Enhancement’s).
Regards.
Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10
NVDA certified expert 2019
De: Luke Davis
Enviado: martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020 11:11
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda
possible or not?
Certainly. I use Audacity for moderate projects, but the thing you should
be
looking into is Reaper.
Luke




--

With warm regards

Solomon S

teachsolo@...







--
With warm regards
Solomon S
teachsolo@...


Steve Nutt
 

Hi,

I personally would use Reaper. It is much more accessible, unless you want to stay in single track land. Take a look at http://www.reaperaccessibility.com.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pavel Vlcek
Sent: 01 September 2020 12:16
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Work with audio editors in professional way with Nvda possible or not?

Hi all,

my name is Pavel I am from Czech Republic. I am owner of little recording studio for disabled people, including visually impaired etc. I also have a small group of members. We used Mac Os for 8 years, but the life of the computer ended. At this time, we don't have money to buy professional Mac, which will work with Logic Pro X and Komplete Kontrol etc. So at this time, we and especially I, because I am main sound master need to use my older HP Z-book 17,3 the first generation with Win
10 and Nvda. Software, which can I use is Soundforge, Goldwave and Audacity. So, can computer with Nvda and Win 10 be used for professional audio work or not?

Thanks,

Pavel