ZOOM PRO: CAN'T SHARE SCREEN

Chris Smart

Please help! I can't find the button to share my screen during Zoom meetings!

I had no trouble doing this in the last two weeks, although I don’t recall the exact date when I last shared my screen.

I'm running the latest zoom under Windows 10 with NVDA. I have a Pro account, and I am the host of the meeting.

Before, I would simply press ALT+S and then specify what I wanted to share. But pressing ALT+S seems to do nothing now, and tabbing through the meeting controls does not take me to a Share Screen button.

I can't seem to find anything in my local settings or the meeting scheduling options that would affect screen sharing either.

I'm stumped, and I am giving an important presentation in two days time to sighted people, demonstrating how I navigate a Website using a screenreader.

Any help gratefully received.

Chris

P.S. I’ve also checked in Settings in both the Hotkeys and Accessibility categories, and nothing seems amiss there either.

Chris Smart

Adendum: The meeting two weeks ago where I was able to share my screen used a free Zoom account. It’s using a pro account where I can’t seem to find any controls to share my screen.

What could be different between free and paid that would cause this?

Gene

I don't know if this will help.  A Google searched shows this link as one result:

https://knowledge.vibe.us/why-i-do-not-see-share-screen-option-on-zoom

Gene

On 1/25/2022 1:21 PM, Chris Smart wrote:

Adendum: The meeting two weeks ago where I was able to share my screen used a free Zoom account. It’s using a pro account where I can’t seem to find any controls to share my screen.

Chris Smart

Gene, thank you so much!

Logging into the Zoom Website itself, I found that screen sharing had been disabled.

I can stop panicking now. LOL

Thanks again.

Sarah k Alawami

Can you try alt s to share, then go through the dialogue that should in theory come up? It’s been a while since I’ve done this, I use discord for most of that now. Sorry.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ZOOM PRO: CAN'T SHARE SCREEN

Please help! I can't find the button to share my screen during Zoom meetings!

I had no trouble doing this in the last two weeks, although I don’t recall the exact date when I last shared my screen.

I'm running the latest zoom under Windows 10 with NVDA. I have a Pro account, and I am the host of the meeting.

Before, I would simply press ALT+S and then specify what I wanted to share. But pressing ALT+S seems to do nothing now, and tabbing through the meeting controls does not take me to a Share Screen button.

I can't seem to find anything in my local settings or the meeting scheduling options that would affect screen sharing either.

I'm stumped, and I am giving an important presentation in two days time to sighted people, demonstrating how I navigate a Website using a screenreader.

Any help gratefully received.

Chris

P.S. I’ve also checked in Settings in both the Hotkeys and Accessibility categories, and nothing seems amiss there either.

Sarah k Alawami

I have a paid account and I can share screens. Not sure if it is a pro account, it’s the one with up to 100 people limit. Try the alt s key to bring up the dialogue.

Good luck.

Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 11:22 AM
Subject: [nvda] ZOOM PRO: CAN'T SHARE SCREEN

Sarah k Alawami

Good, glad you   found it, also you learned a new key stroke, I think it speaks that one, if not you can look under zoom’s prefs to see if my fingers didn’t get tongue tied.

Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ZOOM PRO: CAN'T SHARE SCREEN

Gene, thank you so much!

Logging into the Zoom Website itself, I found that screen sharing had been disabled.

I can stop panicking now. LOL

Thanks again.