ZOOM PRO: CAN'T SHARE SCREEN

Chris Smart

Please help! I can't find the button to share my screen during Zoom meetings!

I had no trouble doing this in the last two weeks, although I don’t recall the exact date when I last shared my screen.

I'm running the latest zoom under Windows 10 with NVDA. I have a Pro account, and I am the host of the meeting.

Before, I would simply press ALT+S and then specify what I wanted to share. But pressing ALT+S seems to do nothing now, and tabbing through the meeting controls does not take me to a Share Screen button.

I can't seem to find anything in my local settings or the meeting scheduling options that would affect screen sharing either.

I'm stumped, and I am giving an important presentation in two days time to sighted people, demonstrating how I navigate a Website using a screenreader.

Any help gratefully received.

Chris

P.S. I’ve also checked in Settings in both the Hotkeys and Accessibility categories, and nothing seems amiss there either.

Chris Smart

Adendum: The meeting two weeks ago where I was able to share my screen used a free Zoom account. It’s using a pro account where I can’t seem to find any controls to share my screen.

What could be different between free and paid that would cause this?

Gene

I don't know if this will help.  A Google searched shows this link as one result:

https://knowledge.vibe.us/why-i-do-not-see-share-screen-option-on-zoom

Gene

On 1/25/2022 1:21 PM, Chris Smart wrote:

Adendum: The meeting two weeks ago where I was able to share my screen used a free Zoom account. It’s using a pro account where I can’t seem to find any controls to share my screen.

What could be different between free and paid that would cause this?

Chris Smart

Gene, thank you so much!

Logging into the Zoom Website itself, I found that screen sharing had been disabled.

I can stop panicking now. LOL

Thanks again.

Sarah k Alawami

Can you try alt s to share, then go through the dialogue that should in theory come up? It’s been a while since I’ve done this, I use discord for most of that now. Sorry.

[...]

I have a paid account and I can share screens. Not sure if it is a pro account, it’s the one with up to 100 people limit. Try the alt s key to bring up the dialogue.

Good luck.

Adendum: The meeting two weeks ago where I was able to share my screen used a free Zoom account. It’s using a pro account where I can’t seem to find any controls to share my screen.

What could be different between free and paid that would cause this?

Sarah k Alawami

Good, glad you   found it, also you learned a new key stroke, I think it speaks that one, if not you can look under zoom’s prefs to see if my fingers didn’t get tongue tied.